Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pirate Treasure



If my heart was an ocean,
then you skipped beautiful rocks
upon my waters,
only to sink into forgetfulness:
A weary vastness I buried
under sand & treasure chests
that I do not dare explore,
for the shore calls lovingly
while I answer with the grace of my hand,
then my toes quickly follow.
Beginning to run now,
from the emotions of blue
with strands of fake pearls
pirated from your false façade.
Climbing vertically now into pure gold
with promises of nothingness--suchness.
Your pirate eyes longed for my treasure within,
but possessions lose identity in my realm.
Here your personality melts into the tears
that unanchored from your your ship: your vessel: your body.
Sails fly high once the waves become calm:
the irony of life.
A reflection surfaces,
unveiling the other side of emotion: stillness--
receiving & accepting
each drop, touch & rock
skipping across itself.

No comments: